Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Two concluding lines and a closure

After a long time, I watched Monty Python's "The Meaning of Life" again yesterday. After one and a half hours of absurdist comedy, Michael Palin announces that the "meaning" is nothing special, really...
Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations.
A few days ago, I also watched "The Big Fish" by Tim Burton, which ends with a line I found very uncomfortable:
"A man tells a story over and over so many times he becomes the story. In that way, he is immortal"
It somehow brought me back here, and I realized to my un-surprise that I have not posted anything for the last 9 months. I knew myself this time, and I realized that it is not as if the sea has dried up, just that it refuses to mark its tides anymore.

Anyway - as absurdist comedies go - having read the above two lines (and of course the title), some of you must have sensed that this is where I bid adieu. Well, thats what this post is all about. Having pleasantly mellowed down to my own comfort zone of late, I find that not talking (in more ways than one) is a very addictive habit. So here's me bidding a formal adieu, when no one is watching, with a whimper... I don't think I will post anything here again.

So long folks! Great knowing the lot of you!

5 comments:

sanchapanzo said...

he "meaning" is nothing special, really...

this brought back memories of the closing line of Woody Allen movie 'Sleeper' in which he says, only two things in life are for real..

"Sex and death. Two things that come once in a lifetime. Only after death you're not nauseous"


Nice movie that, check it out when you get time..

KoPoS said...

i fervently hope this is not a fullstop. just that a way too silent a farewell...
bye woodworm.

David Stefanini said...

I love the blog that you have. I was wondering if you would link my blog to yours and in return I would do the same for your blog. If you want to, my site name is American Legends and the URL is:

www.americanlegends.blogspot.com

If you want to do this just go to my blog and in one of the comments just write your blog name and the URL and I will add it to my site.

Thanks,
David

Zealous Zygote said...

There is a hope that you would start it all over again once you start working. Fingers crossed!

Renie said...

Hi, please add your blog to our new directory of Indian Blogs, thanks!

http://www.indiblogger.in